Recruiting under this scheme is now open for a short time only, applications need to be in for the 14th October 2022.
Salary: £26,682 - £43,032 (WEF 1st September 2022)
This route is a traditional entry route into policing,
This is a two-year training programme; it gives a blend of practical on-the-job experience and classroom-based learning.
Once you leave training school, you will then go onto to your allocated station then eventually go onto independent patrols and will be assessed for the remainder of the two-year programme.
Once we have sufficient applications, we may close this campaign earlier than expected, so get your application in early to avoid disappointment!
As well as the standard eligibility criteria you are required to have;
A level 3 or 2 A Levels or equivalent qualification in any subject as part of the pre-employment checks.
Are currently serving, or have previous work experience in the following areas within the last 5 years (from the date of your application):
- Contact Management
- Emergency Services
- Custody Detention Officers
- Special constables
- Police Cadets and Leaders
- Neighbourhood Investigation Officers
- Detective Staff Investigators
- Armed Services
- Prison Officers
- Knowledge skills and behaviours through professional training, employment, voluntary work, or work experience (including working with the public) which are considered equal to a level 3 qualification
Need some guidance? Take a look at some guidance on how to apply here
If you have any questions regarding the interviews/SEARCH assessment centre or would like to visit one of the stations, please contact our SPOCS to arrange
- For any application enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
- PDU Furness SPOC, PS Chris Ivison - PDUFurness@cumbria.police.uk
- PDU Kendal and Penrith, PS Kelly Hunter-Horrocks - PDUKendalandPenrith@cumbria.police.uk
- PDU Carlisle and Wigton, PS Chris Blakey - PDUCarlisleandWigton@cumbria.police.uk
- PDU Workington and Whitehaven, PS Jenny Mossop - PDUWorkingtonandWhitehaven@cumbria.police.uk
- Sergeant Paul Platt at Paul.Platt@cumbria.police.uk