alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance: Click here for what you can and cannot do

Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 If unable to report online
Call 101 If unable to report online

This is not a police issue but please find information below.

Noise nuisance can cause disruption, interference and irritation and in some cases lead to the development of stress and loss of sleep. So maintaining the comfort and well-being of people in their own homes is important – not just to protect human rights but also to help sustain a happy, healthy and productive society.

Your local council will investigate complaints of alleged noise nuisance and take action where appropriate in accordance with a noise enforcement policy.

Start keeping a diary of incidents, noting down the time and date as well as details of what is happening, such as loud music, as well as the effect it is having on you, such as disturbing your sleep. The environmental teams will advise you further on recording when incidents occur.

Please contact your local council office below to make report noise nuisance:

Allerdale Borough Council
Borough of Barrow in Furness
Carlisle City Council
Copeland Borough Council
Eden District Council
South Lakeland District Council 

Report a broken link click here.