Applications are invited for the post of Catering Supervisor based at Police Headquarters
26 hours per week
Are you committed to achieving results with great customer and service focus?
An opportunity has arisen for a Catering Supervisor with a passion for providing excellent customer service to join their busy team to work for Cumbria Constabulary at the Police Headquarters in Penrith
• Working hours - 26 hours per week, working Monday to Friday
Additional hours required for covering holidays and sickness
• Salary £17,262 pro rata
• Pension scheme
• 23 days leave per annum rising to 28 after 5 years' service
Key Responsibilities / Skills
• Ensure an effective quality of services is provided
• Able to prepare food to meet quality, cost and food and hygiene standards
• Able to work in a busy environment
• Ordering of food and stock rotation
• Good customer liaison and communication skills
• Cashing up on a daily basis using an excel spreadsheet
• Ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of current food legislation in regards to food hygiene and health and safety in the workplace
• Able to follow Codes of Practice (Health & Safety Hygiene Practices)
• Current Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety Qualification
• A clean driving licence
• Experience of staff supervision
• Previous experience in a similar environment
Please refer to the attached Job Profile and Person Specification for further details of the role and the essential criteria.
Please note this process will use the Competency and Values Framework for policing (CVF) Personal Qualities. Please refer to the attached Framework for further details.
Cumbria Constabulary continues to keep Cumbria safe by our staff and officers providing excellent services in partnership with other agencies. Staff jobs are evaluated through the HAY scheme and whilst pay is a strong factor in any recruitment; we can offer the total package, which includes the strong reputational and cultural image of the Constabulary, career progression opportunities including training and development and a wide range of benefits, for further details please click on the following link:
We are already a high performing force, with our staff delivering excellent service on a daily basis. We have outstanding people who work tirelessly to serve our communities. The Code of Ethics sets out the principles and standards of behaviour we expect to see and applies to every individual who works in policing, whether a warranted officer, member of police staff, volunteer or someone contracted to work in a police force, for further details please click on the following link:
We are committed to the development and promotion of equal opportunities for all. Due to their under representation, applications are particularly welcomed from eligible minority group candidates.
The closing date for this post is 5pm Thursday 2nd May 2019
* Appointment to all posts is subject to vetting checks some of which may be enhanced
Application forms can be completed online and emailed to Job_Applications@cumbria.pnn.police.uk or alternatively returned by post to the following address: Employee Services Department, Cumbria Constabulary Police Headquarters, Carleton Hall, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 2AU.
To apply for this vacancy please refer to the attached application form and application form guidance
Please note:- If we have not responded to your application form within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume that, on this occasion, your application was not successful at the short listing stage.
Appointments will normally be based at the bottom point of the salary scale.