Applications are invited for the post of PPU Support Officer - V80
Based within Public Protection - Police Headquarters, Penrith.
32 hours Per Week
• Process individual police safeguarding referrals for domestic abuse, vulnerable children and vulnerable adults, checking for accuracy, getting errors rectified and capturing relevant information from police IT systems and adding it to the referral form.
• Maintain and manage information held on the Red Sigma system, ensuring information is accurate and up to date. To do this, the role involves communication with police officers and other police staff to verify information and obtain more details when necessary.
• Interrogate police IT systems to identify and capture relevant information. These systems include PNC, PND, Sleuth, Red Sigma, WebStorm, SAFE and SWiFT.
• Disseminate information from all relevant sources internally and externally when appropriate.
• Close relevant safeguarding referrals at source.
• Maintain confidentiality of information. Maintain data quality and data security.
Desirable - PNC & PND trained. Experience of using Red Sigma, Sleuth, WebStorm and STAN/SWiFT.
Please refer to the attached Job Profile and Person Specification for further details of the role and the essential criteria.
Please note this process will use the Competency and Values Framework for policing (CVF) Personal Qualities. Please refer to the attached Framework for further details.
Cumbria Constabulary continues to keep Cumbria safe by our staff and officers providing excellent services in partnership with other agencies. Staff jobs are evaluated through the HAY scheme and whilst pay is a strong factor in any recruitment; we can offer the total package, which includes the strong reputational and cultural image of the Constabulary, career progression opportunities including training and development and a wide range of benefits, for further details please click on the following link:
We are already a high performing force, with our staff delivering excellent service on a daily basis. We have outstanding people who work tirelessly to serve our communities. The Code of Ethics sets out the principles and standards of behaviour we expect to see and applies to every individual who works in policing, whether a warranted officer, member of police staff, volunteer or someone contracted to work in a police force, for further details please click on the following link:
We are committed to the development and promotion of equal opportunities for all. Due to their under representation, applications are particularly welcomed from eligible minority group candidates.
The closing date for this post is 5pm Tuesday 10th December 2019.
* Appointment to all posts is subject to vetting checks some of which may be enhanced
Application forms can be completed online and emailed to Job_Applications@cumbria.pnn.police.uk or alternatively returned by post to the following address: Employee Services Department, Cumbria Constabulary Police Headquarters, Carleton Hall, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 2AU.
To apply for this vacancy please refer to the attached application form and application form guidance
Please note:- If we have not responded to your application form within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume that, on this occasion, your application was not successful at the short listing stage.
Appointments will normally be based at the bottom point of the salary scale.