P28 Promotion Process Superintendent - Detective & Uniform
Applications are invited from candidates who are ready to be promoted to the role of Superintendent. This is an external process for current and projected vacancies within Crime Command and territorial Policing.
Cumbria Constabulary is looking for highly motivated, skilled professionals to join a high performance team. The successful applicants will support the vision and values of the Chief Constable, delivering an outstanding police service to Keep Cumbria Safe.
Applicants will demonstrate the ability to lead transformational change and improve performance with pace and rigour; the ability to inspire commitment from staff and police officers at all levels; and well-developed strategic thinking with sensitivity to public concerns. Successful candidates will also demonstrate effective networking skills, strong working relations with managers and partners at all levels, with excellent leadership and management skills.
We offer an environment, second to none, in which to live and work.
To apply please refer to the attached Application form, Information pack and Competency Values Framework for policing Personal Qualities.
Completed applications should be submitted to the Employee Services Department by
9am on Monday 08 July 2019
To be eligible to apply for promotion applicants must be:
- Substantive Chief Inspectors suitable for promotion or
- Substantive Superintendents suitable for transfer
- Not be subject of a performance related formal action plan or any formal written improvement notice under the Unsatisfactory Performance Procedures, and
- Have an acceptable conduct record as determined by PSD
- Those interested in a detective post must be suitably qualified as a detective AND
- Must be working towards becoming a fully accredited SIO to PIP Level 3 and as a minimum having attended the SIODP Course.
- Fully accredited SIO to PIP Level 3 (confirmed against the College of Policing PIP3 register) which comprises of:
- Attended SIODP Course and
- Attended Hydra Module and
- Fully completed and signed off portfolio
- Experience of Safeguarding & Public Protection
- Experience of Serious & Organised Crime Investigations
- Kidnap and Extortion SIO Training
- Child Death Investigation Training
- Counter Terrorism SIO Training
- Operational command experience
- Must be working towards becoming a fully accredited Silver Commander (Tactical Firearms Commander and Silver Public Order) and as a minimum having attended the Silver Commander Public Order course to demonstrate occupational competence
- Fully accredited Silver Commander (Tactical Firearms Commander and Public Order Silver Commander)
External candidates will also be subject to relevant eligibility checks as outlined in the information pack.
- Completion of application form, including a submission addressing Level 3 of the Competency and Values Framework (CVF).
- Line Management consideration and support.
- Senior Management consideration and support.
Applications may be subject to a shortlisting process against the CVFs.
The selection process will consist of a presentation and interview against Level 3 of the CVF.
Candidates will be expected to evidence their competence by way of example demonstrating relevance to the rank they have applied for.
The selection process will be held on Tuesday 23 July and Wednesday 24 July 2019.
Panel: Chief Constable
Assistant Chief Constable
Wc 10 June 2019
Advert published Internally and Externally
Monday 08 July 2019 (9am)
Closing date for applications.
Send completed forms to:
Employee Services, Central Services Department
Following closing date
Shortlisting of applications (if required) / Eligibility checks.
23 & 24 July 2019