Promotion Process Inspector
Applications are invited from candidates who are ready to be promoted to the role of Inspector. This is an external process for uniform and detective vacancies arising during the next 12 months.
Applicants should be aware that this is a Forcewide process. Successful candidates will be posted as required taking into account their specific skills and experience.
Cumbria Constabulary is looking for highly motivated, skilled professionals to join a high performance team. The successful applicants will support the vision and values of the Chief Constable, delivering an outstanding police service to Keep Cumbria Safe.
Applicants will demonstrate the ability to lead transformational change and improve performance with pace and rigour; the ability to inspire commitment from staff and police officers at all levels; and well-developed strategic thinking with sensitivity to public concerns. Successful candidates will also demonstrate effective networking skills, strong working relations with managers and partners at all levels, with excellent leadership and management skills.
We offer an environment, second to none, in which to live and work.
Please see attached Application Form, Information Pack and Competency & Values Framework.
Completed applications should be submitted to the Employee Services Department by
9am on Wednesday 5 June 2019
To be eligible to apply for promotion applicants must:
- Have obtained a pass in the qualifying assessment for promotion to the rank of Inspector
- Successful completion of Step 2 NPPF process or
- OSPRE I and II qualified officer
- Completed minimum one years' service and completed their probationary service / work based assessment;
- Not be subject of a performance related formal action plan or any formal written improvement notice under the Unsatisfactory Performance Procedures, and
- Have an acceptable conduct record as determined by PSD.
- ICIDP qualified or previous Home Office training for those with appropriate detective skills.
External candidates will also be subject to relevant eligibility checks as outlined in the information pack.
- Completion of application form, including a submission addressing Level 2 of the Competency and Values Framework (CVF).
- Line Management consideration and support.
- Senior Management consideration and support.
Applications may be subject to a shortlisting process against the CVFs.
Pre Selection Briefing
A briefing session has been arranged for 10am to 2pm on Tuesday 28 May 2019 in Conference Room 1, Police HQ. This will be a session giving an overview of the key priorities within the Constabulary and the leadership qualities that are expected of the successful candidates, an overview of the Competency and Values Framework and details of the application and selection process. The first part of the session up to 1pm will be a workshop.
Please inform CSD Employee Services if you are attending the session.
The selection process will consist of a scenario based exercise and interview against Level 2 of the CVF.
Candidates will be expected to evidence their competence by way of example demonstrating relevance to the rank they have applied for.
The selection process will be held from week commencing: 17 June 2019
Det Ch Supt
A Federation observer may be present.
15 May 2019
Advert published Internally and Externally
10am to 2pm (1-2pm will detail the process & priorities)
Tuesday 28 May 2019
Conference Room 1, HQ
Pre-Selection Briefing Session
Wednesday 5 June 2019 (9am)
Closing date for applications.
Send completed forms to:
Employee Services, Central Services Department
Following closing date
Shortlisting of applications / Eligibility checks.
w/c 17 June 2019 onwards