alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content
Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 For all non emergencies
Call 101 For All non emergencies



People who work in the police service should behave appropriately at all times. Expectations about the behaviour of both police officers and members of police staff are set out in their respective Standards of Professional Behaviour. These expectations include requirements to:

Like any organisation, we try to provide the highest quality of service, but we recognise that we might not always get it right. Your feedback is important in helping us to raise our standards and prevent future complaints form occuring.

To help direct you correctly, first please check if any of the options below relate to your issue:


I want an update on my case or report.

I am unhappy about the police decision to take No Further Action (NFA)

I am unhappy about the decision made regarding my shotgun or firearm certificate.

I want to seek compensation for something Cumbria Constabulary has done.

I am awaiting a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.

I want to know about Data Protection and how to request information.

I want to know about Freedom of Information requests.

I want to know why my property has not been returned.

None of the above?

If you feel that someone working for the police has not met these standards, you can make a complaint. These types of complaints are dealt with under the Police Reform Act 2002.

Making a Complaint

If you wish to make a complaint about the conduct or behaviour of a police officer, a member of the police staff or a special constable under the direction and control of Cumbria Constabulary or you have a specific issue on how the Constabulary is run - then you can report this matter by the following methods:


Click here to make a complaint using our online complaint form.

Click here for a pdf easy read version of the complaint form.

In writing

Write to:

Professional Standards Department
Cumbria Constabulary
Carleton Hall
CA10 2AU
Direct to the Independent Office for Police Conduct  - Click here to visit the IOPC website.