Cumbria Constabulary recognises that Neighbourhood Watch schemes play a vital role in crime detection, prevention and community safety, which helps make Cumbria one of the safest places to live, work and play, in the country. The Constabulary supports the Neighbourhood Watch movement and actively engages with communities where schemes exist, and with those wishing to establish new schemes.
Cumbria Neighbourhood Watch Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of Neighbourhood Watch is to:-
- Cut crime and the opportunity for crime and anti social behaviour
- Reassure local residents and reduce the fear of crime and anti social behaviour
- Reduce the incident of domestic fires and environmental damage to residential property
- Encourage neighbourliness and community cohesion
- Improve the quality of life for local residents and tenants
Find out more about Neighbourhood Watch and join the scheme by visiting: National Neighbourhood Watch website.
For advice on setting up a new scheme, or support to existing schemes, please contact 101 to discuss this with the relevant officer in your area.