alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content

Coronavirus (Covid-19): What we need you to do. We’re asking you please to only call 999 in an emergency and if a non emergency use our online form. If you’re looking for information about the government instruction to stay at home and how that may affect you, you'll find guidance on

Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 For all non emergencies
Call 101 For All non emergencies

We are a statutory service providing advice and assistance to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. 

We can provide information to MARAC regarding victims and perpetrators known to our service, which could include details of the household makeup, tenancy issues, and whether individuals have been accepted onto the housing register. Although SLDC has access to the housing register (Cumbria Choice) and can look at banding applications appropriately, we do not own any housing stock in the district. In some cases we will have a duty to provide emergency, short-term accommodation to those who make a homeless application. We can also advise individuals and agencies on housing options and tenancy rights and help to facilitate a planned move where possible.'

Also in Advice Centre...