Barnardo's exists to transform the lives of the most vulnerable children. We believe children and young people should thrive with the love and support of their families. The services we provide to support these aims include:
- Early Support - because prevention is better than cure.
- Family Support - because we can give flexible support to vulnerable children facing a range of difficulties,
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing - because research now shows that many problems children and families face are related to mental health.
The information we can provide to MARAC:
Information about the children and families we work with include when possible, the voice of the child, current and previous involvement in any of our activities and support interventions and relationship information.
Support available from Barnardo's:
- Parenting Support to promote safe, loving and supportive relationships
- Emotional support for children and young people
- Group and one to one interventions
- Domestic Abuse Recovery Toolkit (DART) for both adults and children
- Fun activities for children to promote emotional and physical wellbeing
- Trauma informed service delivery
- Barnardo's have regular contact with many families that are sometimes difficult for other agencies to contact so we are able to support initial introductions when appropriate.
- Barnardos have access to children's centres across the area so can offer safe meeting places when necessary and appropriate.