On average Cumbria Police deal with over 17 incidents of domestic abuse every day across the county with almost half of these being against people who have experienced violence before.
Cumbria Police are committed to supporting those who are affected by domestic abuse, protecting the victims and bringing the offenders to justice. In order to do this we work closely with our partners and have a multi-agency approach and together we can make a difference.
These internet pages have been developed to give more information on the following, please select the links below to find out more:
• What is domestic abuse?
• Safety advice for victims
• Support available from the Police
• Information for offenders
• Other support services available
• What is Honour Based Violence?
• Teenage relationship abuse
• Jenny's Story - victim of domestic abuse real story
• How to hide visits to this site
Everyone is entitled to live safely without fear of violence or abuse.
If you, or someone you know is suffering from domestic abuse we are here to help you. Talk to us or someone you trust and together we can stop domestic abuse
The Councelling Directory website (Select Here) might also be useful to you for further information including various articles and links.
Close This Site Quickly