alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content

Coronavirus (Covid-19): What we need you to do. We’re asking you please to only call 999 in an emergency and if a non emergency use our online form. If you’re looking for information about the government instruction to stay at home and how that may affect you, you'll find guidance on

Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 For all non emergencies
Call 101 For All non emergencies
  • Low self -esteem or self confidence
  • Living in a chaotic or dysfunctional household (including parental substance misuse, mental health issues, parental criminality)
  • Lack of Friends in the same age group
  • Unsure about their sexual orientation or unable to disclose to their families
  • History of Domestic Abuse
  • History of Neglect
  • History of Familial Child Sexual Abuse
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Associating with young people who are sexually exploited
  • Have suffered a recent bereavement or loss
  • Homelessness
  • Living in residential care
  • Young Carer 

Please remember that some children / young people show little or no signs, and some may display the indicators for other reasons.

Generally, a change of behaviour should make you question what is happening in the child/young persons life.

Also in Advice Centre...