- Low self -esteem or self confidence
- Living in a chaotic or dysfunctional household (including parental substance misuse, mental health issues, parental criminality)
- Lack of Friends in the same age group
- Unsure about their sexual orientation or unable to disclose to their families
- History of Domestic Abuse
- History of Neglect
- History of Familial Child Sexual Abuse
- Learning Disabilities
- Associating with young people who are sexually exploited
- Have suffered a recent bereavement or loss
- Living in residential care
- Young Carer
Please remember that some children / young people show little or no signs, and some may display the indicators for other reasons.
Generally, a change of behaviour should make you question what is happening in the child/young persons life.