Cumbria Police want to help you to keeping you and your stuff safe, so you can enjoy life in and out of school. Here are some tips you can follow to stay safe, and some links which have further information.
Staying Safe Online
• Be careful who you accept as a friend or who you let into your chat areas
• Think carefully about the information you share eg photos, phone numbers etc
• Think through who you want to chat to and what you want to share with people, once the information is online it could be there forever
• Use your privacy settings, set this up so that you and your approved friends can chat, this will stop people you don’t know bothering you.
• A snapchat to your mate could last a lifetime online. THINK BEFORE YOU POST.
Select Here for more information about staying safe online or visit: www.thinkuknow.co.uk
Bullying and Cyber Bullying
Don’t put up with any kind of bullying, Online or Offline, which makes you upset or frightened. Tell an adult who you can trust about what is going on and they will be able to help you.
Select Here for more information on bullying or visit: www.bullying.co.uk
Cyber Bullying - Lets fight it Together
Looking after your stuff
Make sure you keep your mobile, ipod, mp3 player, tablets, computer and other possessions are safe to help protect them from thieves:
• Leave valuables at home if possible.
• Keep your items in a safe place, preferably in a zipped up pocket or bag.
• Don’t leave your stuff unattended even for a short time.
• Wherever possible keep your valuables safe, hidden and locked.
• If you use a bike, lock and secure it each time you leave it, even to nip into a shop for a few minutes.
• Use a good quality lock, secure your bike by putting a chain through the frame not just the wheel which could be removed.
• Mark your bike with your postcode using an ultra violent marking pen, this will help the police to identify this belongs to you.
If you are having any issues of abuse in a relationship Select Here to visit the 'This Is Abuse' website for further advice and information.
This is abuse - School Girl
Select Here for information about drugs (& also alcohol) on the 'Talk to Frank' website.