alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content

Coronavirus (Covid-19): What we need you to do. We’re asking you please to only call 999 in an emergency and if a non emergency use our online form. If you’re looking for information about the government instruction to stay at home and how that may affect you, you'll find guidance on

Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 For all non emergencies
Call 101 For All non emergencies
  • If you are a victim of the floods you are warned to be wary of opportunist workmen who may turn up unannounced and attempt to pressurise you into paying an exorbitant amount for substandard or very little work.
  • People who are uninsured are particularly at risk from callers arriving and offering to repair damaged property, redecorate, and/or carry out electrical work, etc.
  • If you are insured contact your insurance company before arranging any repairs, they may have approved traders who will carry out the work for you.
  • If you arrange your own repairs you are advised to always use tradesmen who have been recommended or who have reliable reputations.
  • Trading Standards and the Police are to carry out joint patrols in affected areas to check the identity and authenticity of traders.
  • If you are approached by bogus or suspicious tradesmen you should contact Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline immediately on 03454 040506.

    More help and general guidance can be found on their website
Also in Advice Centre...