Information provided to Cumbria Constabulary by users through the use of this website will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
We gather information about site usage in order to assist in the development and improvement of service to the public. At the moment this information consists of:
1. Summary data provided by our ISP, which is derived from server logs using the software package "Analog". We do not receive the server logs themselves nor any related data that could identify individual users.
2. Information provided voluntarily by users through online feedback forms. Feedback data cannot be identified with an individual unless they voluntarily supply their name or other identifying details. Comments and identifying information will only be held for as long as is necessary to ensure a proper response to queries and suggestions from users. Data held for long-term analysis is separated from comments so that it does not contain anything to identify individuals.
Cookies will help the website remember settings or information you have provided (such as your postcode or job title) so you don't need to keep entering it.
Cookies are also used to track and analyse how many users visit this site and how each user navigates and through the content. This helps us improve the way this website works, what it contains and how it is used.
They are typically used to:
• Remember settings so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page.
• Remember information you give to a website, such as a list of products in your shopping basket.
• Measure how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit: www.aboutCookies.org,
Cumbria Constabulary use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. This tool uses 'cookies', small text files which are automatically downloaded on your computer to collect anonymous information. This tracks information such as how visitors get to our website, what pages are being viewed and what Internet Browser is being used. We do not link this information to your name or address.
If you would prefer to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, then please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Cumbria Constabulary use the AddThis toolbar on all pages to allow easy sharing of pages to websites such as Facebook and Twitter. A cookie is used to collect anonymous information on visitors using this tool.
If you would prefer to opt out of being tracked by AddThis across all websites, then please visit http://www.addthis.com/advertising-choices
This privacy statement applies only to web pages under the control of Cumbria Constabulary, in other words pages within the domain "http://www.cumbria.police.uk/".