Anti Social Behaviour

Cumbria Police is committed to reducing anti-social behaviour (ASB) in our communities. By listening to the local community at Safer Stronger Community meetings and tackling community priorities with partner agencies we are committed to keeping a Safer Stronger Cumbria.

What is ASB?

ASB is any behaviour that is aggressive, intimidating or destructive that damages or destroys another person’s quality of life.

Examples include:

  • Rowdy, noisy behaviour including shouting and yelling close to people’s homes
  • Littering and fly-tipping rubbish
  • Groups of teenagers hanging round the streets, paths and shops
  • Drinking alcohol, being drunk or rowdy in a public place
  • Playing loud music
  • Climbing on roofs or property that does not belong to you
  • Riding mopeds or scooters through estates and on paths
  • Abandoning cars on the street
  • Vandalism and graffiti
  • Dealing or buying drugs 

Many of these points are criminal offences and can and do result in prosecution or arrest 

People of all ages become involved in ASB; it doesn’t just make life unpleasant but can ruin lives and make areas feel unsafe.

What is being done to tackle ASB?

We meet regularly with local residents at Safer Stronger Community meetings both face to face and online to establish their community priorities and what will be done to tackle these. To find out what is going on in your area, or when your next meeting is please contact your Neighbourhood Policing team by either the postcode search on this website or calling 101.

Advice to Parents

The attached leaflet, click here, is available to all parents across Cumbria which gives advice on how to keep their children safe from harm and help to prevent anti-social behaviour.

How do I report ASB?

Your local council and Cumbria Constabulary work together to tackle the problem.

You can contact your Neighbourhood Policing team on our non-emergency number 101, in the case of an emergency, please dial 999.

For further help and advice in your area, please visit:


Allerdale Borough Council

Barrow Borough Council

Carlisle City Council

Copeland Borough Council

Eden District Council

South Lakeland District Council

Your Neighbourhood

Local station

Contact Us

Get in touch
(non emergency) 101

Making a complaint

Email us here

Other ways to get
in touch